RELIGIOUS ART | NEWS OF WEEK

ALPHA OMEGA ARTS
By Gregory Disney-Britton
While walking to work, I was feeling anxious when a sprinkle of rain fell on my head causing me to look up to witness a monumental rainbow. This week, a study showed a sharp decline in American Christianity but the Metropolitan Museum of Art put on display a Christian art masterpiece by American painter Aaron Douglas. I need such reminders. In Psalms 118, the Jewish King stirs his friends to credit God for the good things done already, and for the good to come. Such reminders, fill me up with thanks, and that's why "Let My People Go" (above) by Aaron Douglas is my NEWS OF WEEK.

In other religious art news from across the USA, and around the world:
Do you like what you see? Please share our monthly e-news; and follow us weekly on Tumblr, Twitter, Facebook, or Soundcloud. Each November 1st, we also accept donations to support the religious work of artists at alphaomegaprize.org.